This past weekend, my friend Alyssa and I decided to take a daytrip to Malmö, Sweden. Her host mom said that the city was a beautiful place to visit, and I’m always game for exploring. Believe it or not, our round-trip train tickets were only $23 a piece! I am definitely a fan of the ease and accessibility to different countries in Europe.
It was a beautiful day to walk along the streets of Malmö and enjoy the surroundings. Comparatively, the city seemed even more compact than Copenhagen. After seeing the street signs in Malmö, I won’t complain about being able to read the ones in Copenhagen anymore. Most of the streets had names that were so long, hyphens were used in order to spell-out the words. During our walk, we passed the “Twisting Torso” building, one of Malmö’s most well-known architectural wonders. The manner in which the windows were installed made the building appear even more slanted than it really was. We also took the time to stroll around the park and enjoy the gardens surrounding Malmöhus, which is a castle that has been converted into a museum.
 |
| The "Twisting Torso" building |
 |
| Malmöhus (bottom) |
 |
| So many swans! |
We finally made our way to the area called Stortorget, which is where all the best shopping is located. It was almost overwhelming; there were so many clothing stores, coffee houses, and fast food restaurants. Now, up to this point, I had not aggressively searched for my Swedish shoe specimen for my “Shoes of the World” collection. I had basically decided to let the winds take me where they pleased, and if I stumbled upon the perfect pair of shoes, then it was meant to be. Keeping this in mind, I had not been in the retail section of the city for long before THEY found ME. Another practically perfect pair shoes…. a wedged-heel bootie with laces and buckles. I feel that these special details add a unique element of style.
Say “Hello” to: “The Sweden Shoes” or as I like to call them, “The-most-European-ever Shoes”:
I love the picture of the old windmill! Is it still functional, or has it been converted for another purpose? I know some windmills are often remodeled so that they can be used as a residence.
ReplyDeleteBTW...those "Sweden Shoes" are Rockin'!!!!
I think it's there for historical purposes. There was a plack on it but the writing was in Swedish.
ReplyDeleteAnd thank you!