Last week was by far one of the most exciting experiences that I have had since arriving in Europe. One of my life-long dreams has always been to visit the United Kingdom and explore London, and FINALLY that dream became a reality! I am completely in love; with the people, the culture, the charm, and the history. I was fortunate enough to stay in the city for six glorious days as part of my core communication class, Trends in Media. Although many of the places and activities we visited/participated in were academically-based, we also had a reasonable amount of free time. (Stay tuned for a series of future London-based blogs!)
Now, before I begin my epic shoe story, I want you to know (and truly believe) that I originally promised myself that I would ”skip” the whole purchasing of the London SHOES to save money. Well, you know about the theory behind ”best laid plans”? The whole thing was really unavoidable. The hunt was not ”on”, by any means. I was merely minding my own business, spending a few final precious moments on my last day in jolly ole England. However, against my will, the shoes found ME while our travel group was shopping in an area called Camden Town. I was nonchalantly wandering around looking at all that the various markets had to offer, and as I walked haphazardly into a shoe store, I was immediately in view of the most perfect Converse sneakers I have EVER seen. They were so fabulous with their sequins, zebra stripes, and silk lining. I know, I know... Converse are bad for your feet, but I simply adore them. They´re a lifestyle, an expression of who I am as an individual. So, with no further ado, I present the ”practically perfect in every way”, London, England Shoes:
P.S. I’m very sorry for the delay in my blogging! The combination of midterms and leaving for London has put a damper on my writing.

Don't feel guilty. Those shoes are SO you!!! And I don't care if people say Converses are bad for your feet (I actually hadn't heard about that) but I love them, I know you love them, so more power to you!!
ReplyDelete(and yes, I have noticed that I'm pretty much the first person to comment on every one of your blogs..what can I say, you know I live on my laptop - or phone - and I'm a sucker for you.)
Simply dazzling:) This pair may be too fabulous to actually wear. Perhaps we need to begin construction on a display shelf in your room!
ReplyDeleteEsin--Yes, you are a true and faithful blog-follower. I know Lins always looks forward to your comments.
Linds, besides totally living vicariously through your pics of Europe, I'm SO envious of your current shoe collection. And these are a wonderful addition to it.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well across the pond (& a couple continents, from where I am...) Love ya!