Thursday, March 31, 2011

Tea and Crumpets and Shopping--Oh, My!: London Day 6

     On Day 6, our last day, we went to Camden Town (now one of my favorite places in London). There were amazing markets and stores that were exactly my style (this is also where I found the “London Shoes”).  I am sure it will be no surprise to know that in the two and a half hours we were there, I definitely did some damage in the purchasing arena.  It was like a shopping heaven made especially for me.


     As it seems to happen when touring large cities, I found that I was somehow separated from the rest of the group while on the way to afternoon tea.  Luckily, I was able to use my “Tube” knowledge that I had acquired during my week in London.   Sidebar:  The Tube is the underground metro station that can get you anywhere in London.  At first, I found it confusing, but using it is actually very easy.  Needless to say, due to my expert transportation abilities, my friend LisAurel, and I found the hotel, The Chesterfield Mayfair, without any problems.  The hotel was the ultimate in elegance.  Everything was beautifully decorated and the service was impeccable.  The wait staff even placed my napkin in my lap for me!  We were served three different types of tea and an array of sandwiches, pastries, and scones.  It was delightful.

The Tube


     I know I have more places to visit while in Europe, but so far London is probably my favorite.  The week was filled with activities that left my head spinning, but I wouldn’t have had it any other way.  I definitely left a little piece of my heart in London. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment