Thursday, March 31, 2011

There's No Place Like London: Day 5

     I could feel my time in London quickly drawing to a close, and I knew I never wanted it to end.  I had quickly fallen in love with the city, and I promised myself that one day very soon, I would return for even more adventures.
     Our fifth day in London began with a visit to the V & A (Victoria & Albert) Museum which was ENORMOUS.  It is the world's largest museum of decorative arts and design, and has a permanent collection of over 4.5 million objects.  The exhibits included  ceramics, glass, costumes, silver, jewelry, furniture, medieval objects, sculpture, and prints, just to name a few.  We only had an hour to look around, which was not nearly enough time.  There were many different forms of artwork to look at, but my favorite was the sculptures.  It never ceases to amaze me how artists can transform marble so that it resembles fabric.  If well done, you almost get the sense that it flows.


     Our next visit was with the Daily Telegraph and staff.  The Daily Telegraph is distributed throughout the United Kingdom and internationally.  Our included an extensive discussion on advertising; what is allowed and what isn’t. 
     Then for lunch, I had Fish and Chips!  For some reason, in my mind, I envisioned chips like the crunchy ones we get in the United States.  Nope…They’re basically French fries.
     Finally time to shop!!  I ventured out on an epic shopping journey (little did I know that the real shopping would be the next day) to the area called Covent Garden where there is a lovely market and some commercial shops.  Then I headed over to Oxford Circus, where I spent several hours in the biggest Topshop I have ever seen in my life.  It not only had clothes and shoes, but also a hair and nail salon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment